Apply for a residence permit

The EU residence document confirms your right to live in Denmark.

Before moving to Denmark you must find out if you need to apply for a residence permit and work permit. The circumstances for a permit vary according to the purpose of your stay.

If you are coming to Denmark to work, you must apply for a residence and work permit before you begin working. Voluntary and unpaid work also requires a work permit.

Apply for your residence permit and work permit at The Danish Immigration Service

People from Nordic countries

If you come from a Nordic country (Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden) you are free to live, study and work in Denmark. You do not need an EU residence document.

Find more relevant information before moving at