How to convert your driver’s licence
Please note: It is not necessary to pass a driving test when exchanging a driver’s licence issued in the following places: Australian Capital Territory, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Russia, Brazil, Ukraine or Switzerland.’
Having passed a driving test (if necessary), you must go in person to the Citizens’ Service office in your municipality, where you will be given a form to fill out. Find the address of Citizen’s Service Office here:
You need to bring the following with you:
- Your valid foreign driving licence
- If you are not a Danish or Scandinavian citizen, you must bring a valid residence permit (or certificate of residence if you are an EU citizen)
- A valid passport
- A doctor’s certificate issued by your personal general practitioner
- A photograph (colour or black and white). The photo must meet applicable driving licence requirements – talk to a passport photo photographer, who will know the details.
- If your foreign driver’s licence has not been issued in Latin characters and is not available in German, English or French, you must bring a translation by an authorised translator.